Tuesday, January 30, 2001

Gabz suggested that my persistent insomnia was probably the likely catalyst for my recent hike in blood pressure.

I think she is right.

So, I darkened the room and devoted myself to getting some sleep.. after being up all night.

Easier said than done, I didnt actually start falling asleep until around 10am.

But it was a hard sleep, meaning that I was awakened easily.

*Ooof!*

That was HappyCat looking for love and landing on my chest.

*Groan*

Pat, pat, pat, stroke, stroke... Now go'way boy, you bother me.

*BEEPBEEPBEEP*

Cell phone.

Who the fuck? Shit, please leave a message.

*Tahtah etc* to the tune of Fur Elize, meaning a message was left. Ok, lemme listen to the message.

The dead-beat client I had given notice that I was gonna sue for payment called to say "They hadnt forgotten me, yaddayadda" and to call to "go over the invoice".

Hadnt forgotten about me after 5 months, eh.

Bitch.

I didnt want to call back in my sleep-deprived state. I might end being far less than diplomatic.

*BEEPBEEPBEEP*

*#^%$&#^%$

Another client calling and complaining that he couldnt print. Subtly intimating that I caused it the last time I brought his equipment back from the dead.

Please. I not-so-subtly reminded him that I had used that machine to PRINT instructions to him the last time I was there.
It had prolly crashed one too many times (being a Sony Vaio, natch) and corrupted the print drivers.

I instructed him on how to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Calls me 20 minutes later to complain that it was now giving him an error message that it couldnt find the software to install.

I helpfully pointed out that on the new Sony laptops.. the CD drive is the "E" drive, not the "C" drive.

He was amazed that it now started working properly and didnt call back.

I should charge him for that.

*Grumph* Durned idjit. *Roll back over*

*OOOF!!*

HappyCat was now abandoning any pretense of looking for love. I was a warm bed to curl up on and laze the day away.

Fine. Fine, cat. Now lemme sleep.
-------------
*HappyDance*

Things are good now that there is honey in the cupboard courtesy of my honey.

The green tea has a nicer kick, and I dont have to drink as much to feel good.

That honey makes all the difference in the world.

Dunno why, but the feeling of wellness must be caused by something in the rich, uncooked honey.

Im tellin' ya Brian, you need a care package too, to taste summa this goodness.
Itsa pity you forgot to pick it up from that Safeway on Market. (By the way, thats where I went for all my groceries. About the only one I could find that was accessible sans motorcar in all the Bay Area..)

This doesnt evaporate my worries of running out, of course...

*shiver*
--------------------------
"Gimme a little bit o' dat bass groove right there.."
- Humpty Dance


Looped on the mp3 rack...

Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
Young MC - Bust a Move
Da Brat - Funkdafied
Adina Howard - Freak Like Me
MC Hammer - Cant Touch This
Digital Underground - Humpty Dance
Tupac - I Get Around, How Do You Want It
George Clinton - Atomic Dog

I oughtta make a CD of this group.
-------------
Random pix..





































No comments: