Friday, April 27, 2001

When I was in college, a blunt-speaking communications instructor tried to clarify things for me...

I paraphrase:

"Finish school as quickly as you can. Get it over with. Get your degree. What you learn in college isnt as important as you think in the greater scheme of things.
The real purpose of college is to learn how to learn."


Of all my teachers' advice in college, over 15 years ago.. that indeed is the ONLY thing that still stix with me.

Of course, being young and lacking the benefit of hindsight, I didnt do what he said, so I struggled to stay in school, until the process of living life made me give up in exhaustion without getting my degrees.

With the benefit of hindsight, I shoudve done all that it took to finish school.
Back then, I didnt believe that I could fight and be stubborn until I achieved.
Actually, I didnt know that I could fight and be stubborn until I got what I needed..

Thats why Im so stubborn about things now.

What he said was right on the button. I have done more bookwork and learning after I left college than I ever imagined I did IN college.

Particularly when I realized what it was I needed to do.

Thats life.
Cause we are still all students.

Thats why Im excited about getting back up to speed and learning.......
------------------------

No comments: