Friday, August 23, 2002

Oi' have a Cunning Plan

In a very non-irritating way (so far), San Franciscans, tend to be VERY interesting people.

My mind likes to feed on non-linear content-rich convrsation, and San Franciscans provide that with off-hand life experiences that make for madd innaresting conversations.

I will listen for hours to Fred and Daiv talk, just for the stories, experiences and the turn of phrases.

Its a cool thing.

Back in 2000, on my first ever visit to SF, our plane was circling over SFO dancing in the fog.

I knew EXACTLY what was going on, because behind me, there were a couple of ex-fighter pilots talking. Everything from flight operations, to motorcars, to golf, to the weather. All couched in a fascinating way.

So far, the folk Ive dealt with here are all the same way.

I hope I dont get used to it.
-------
Heh. BunnyCat.

Fred's cat doesnt know what to make of me.

She'll deign to sniff my finger, but she avoids me.

I want a cat. But I cant take care of a cat.

Soooooooooo...

A kitty kat. A gift. A companion for BunnyCat.

A cat that'll like me too.. cause I will be around and will house-sit and take care of it when Im not itinerant.

Yah.

A JoeyCat without it being a JoeyCat, if ya know what I mean.

Yah.

It could work.
-------
The elder white man at the Starbux waved at me in recognition.

To show how much Ive mellowed since being in Cali.. I didnt say "Who is this #&$#@*??"

Instead, I tried the californian way, accept whatever happens, no matter how out of place, and went over and had a conversation.

He had recognized me from my visit before with Fred, and he knew Fred when she had worked there.

Nice guy..\

Heh. I remember when I pointedly refused to accept the hand of some Cali girl in NY who stuck out her hand at me in greeting.

Ah.

I suppose I should feel guilty now.

Nah.


No comments: