Friday, August 06, 2004

Because "Ahh, Frisco" just doesnt roll off the tongue as well as "Ahh, Pahree"...

Along with
the ubiquitous Germans, Scandinavians and Austrylians ... there are a LOT of french tourists in Frisco right now.

In their native country, Ive heard theyre a bear to get along with, but here, they seem well behaved.

Oft times, I'll be standing at some viewpoint and there'll be some french family/couple.

Then they'll look over at me, smile at me, look back at the view, then look back.

I understand them exactly.

Looking at the view you just wanna say something satisfying like "Ahh, Paree" to sum up the experience of San Fran, but no "Its beautiful" has to suffice.

Cuz you KNOW they wanna say "THIS is what Paris should look like!", cuz thats what they mean.

You just know.

I hear French is the most beautiful language, but apparently it aint the most expressive.

Although, I wouldnt know cuz I dont speak french.
--------
I saw that San Francisco is a 'sister city' to Paris somewheres.

Maybe that could explain things.


No comments: