Friday, August 20, 2004

Left the laptop behind today.

Part of
the regimen of lightening my load, plus it ensures that I wont go the library and blow a few hours there.

Ensures I will go walkabout more.

Heh, sometimes Im like a little kid.

I jumped on a streetcar, went to the back and put my head out like a puppydog, enjoying the rattling rumbling sensation.

Then as I looked behind down the road (up, in the case of Market Street), I saw an even MORE ancient streetcar rumbling a few blocks behind.

Woohoo. Jumped out to go catch it. But, as it came rumbling up (heh, it even has the old 'cowcatcher' thingie in front, I realized it was on a training run. Drat.

As it rumbled by, I mimed a plead for them to stop and pick me up. The training operaters waved at me as it blew (ok, 5 miles an hour) past.

But COOL, right behind was a famed 'Iron Monster' from 1914.

This fucker is all wood and cast iron and stuff. Cooler than cable cars in my estimation.

I was *giggling* man.

Yeah, yeah - it doesnt take much to amuse me. :)

No comments: