Friday, August 31, 2007

Wednesday, August 29, 2007


Wednesday, August 29, 2007, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

I buy all the newspapers for the day

It's a tradition that started years ago when I lived in Chicago so that I could get the birthday horoscopes. :)

Then it became more genteel as it was fascinating to get all the news and views of THAT day, although it became disheartening when I lived in small markets like Jacksonville, Florida - where I would get all the major Florida papers - and it was mostly syndicated AP/Reuters reports, meant I was reading the same stuff over and over.

Here in California, its an embarrassment of riches - I got the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, the Chronicle, Sacramento Bee and San Jose Mercury news.. among the nation's best papers.

No comments: