Tuesday, February 13, 2001

Tricianna waxes rhapsodic...

» in a latte induced haze, i noticed that manhattan, despite all the trash and tourists, is gorgeous. for the first time in a long while, the grays and black and silvers of the buildings, glinting in february sunlight was just breathtaking. with my coffee in one hand, i grinned like a goofy kid, walking across midtown just like a person who's never seen a city before. it seemed oh-so magnificent, all these glorious edifices of glass and steel and stone, lining wide streets like people watching a parade. tall, short, stumpy, flashy. i will never leave you, new york. never.

not even for san francisco.


Hey, she said it - I didnt. :-)
------------
In the same vein, Carol put an idea in my head.

Walking up the San Franciscesque hills of St George to her place, I had turned back and drunk in the stunning wide view of Manhattan and Brooklyn across New York Bay.

Man.

Comparable in breathtaking view as from San Francisco's Twin Peaks neighborhood.. but at an eighth the price and twice the power.

I looked at the apartment buildings overlooking this view and thought it would be nice to have a place to live, perchance to write.

A room with a view indeed.

Later, even though I hadnt mentioned it, she proffered the option of me living there in the near future.

I acted like .. eh.. but it bugged me all day.

Its bugging me now.
----------------------

No comments: