Friday, November 30, 2001

Permit me a little existential blathering. Thank you.

Death -"We know everything that can be known.All knowledge exists within us. We just *tell* ourselves we dont to make it all bearable."
Destruction - "That sounds unlikely.Then why does everyone keep falling down manholes and tripping on banana skins?
Why does it seem like none of us -- endless or mortal, ghost or god -- know what we're doing?"
Death - "In order to make the knowledge bearable, we pretend not to possess it."

The Sandman - Brief Lives


I used to wonder why it is that few of us can tell the future.
Then I realized, because it is difficult to make sense of it all without the perspective of LIVING though it.

After thanksgiving, I wondered why I loitered for days in Brooklyn - even though I didnt want to.

And as soon as I heard the news - I knew it was then time to go.

Apparently, I was waiting.

I was *waiting*??

Wow. On one hand I was amazed. On the other, Im no longer surprised.

Yes, maybe, just maybe I do know how this all turns out.
But knowing how it all turns out... is not the point of it all. I guess.

Or maybe I dont want to know.

Interesting. :-)
--------------------------

No comments: