Sunday, January 20, 2002

Resurrecting an old CD I'd made last year.. entitled "Joe's Writing Playlist.. Play very very loud."

So .. starting with "Boogie Oogie Oogie"
------------
Snowing outside as the first real snowstorm of the winter blows through the city.

Not blizzardlike, but definitely falling on the sideways tip.
----------
Da Brat's "Funkdafied", Kool Moe Dee's "How Ya Like Me Now"...
---------
Went to the Haitian barbershop for my perfect razor-cut.

I left feeling unsatisfied. *sigh*

I got the cut by my OLD barber, the Jamaican... a refugee from the now closed shop down the street. Shit.

Its not a BAD cut, but a Jamaican barber, us Jamaicans being stubborn cusses, did it his way, instead of following what I asked for.

"Leave about half an inch"
"Okay"

I now possess a 2 millimeter high fade.

Gah. Im gonna be wearing a hat this cold winter.

Not a badcut, but not what I asked for.

Next time, Im waiting for the gay haitian with the beret.
--------------
EU's "Da Butt"...
-------------
Growing up, I was all egalitarian, and shared the idealistic view that ghetto's (ie: an area predominantly populated by a certain race or culture) was not an ideal thing and something that the world would best work against.

Growing older, Im starting to appreciate them..

Like this Caribbean/Orthodox Jewish ghetto in Crown Heights.

In the barber shop, a female client walks in, greeting everyone in french creole accent... "'Appy New Yahr! 'Appy New Yahr!"

Heh..

Local supermarket, in the checkout line with my fresh-baked rolls (4 large an' soft portuguese rolls for fifty cents... I love NY)

The haitian lady checking me out has her son bagging groceries

Her daughter comes up.. and the son starts speaking in Creole

"No, dont speak in french. Mommy doesnt want us to talk in french."

I hadda smile.

I wasnt smiling when I stormed back after I realized that the haitian lady hadnt given me back my change.

Honest mistake. But I wasnt backing down over 3 dollars.

The drawer count (New Yorkers claim they dont get their change back all the time...) showed her drawer was indeed 3 bux and 2 cents over.

----------
Shaggy and Janet Jackson "Mr Lover"
---------
Ive been vague about exactly when Im leaving, but the date got firmer as Ive started sending inquires for work OutThere.

Tammy: You really moving out there?
Me: Im about 85 percent sure.

With me sending out resumes and inquiries for meetings, the probability went up to 95 percent.

When Tracy excitedly had me call her for a job at her place, I wasnt as sure. Momentarily.

For the right job I would stay?

As I send out the resumes, I realized .. sure. But unless it was something REALLY good, nah.

So, as I follow my dreams and the probability of me leaving rises back into the mid-90's...

Now.. if I could be as sure of being able to swing the ticket for the cross-country train trip...
----------------
Digital Underground's "Humpty Dance"

Nothing to write here.. this is where I do the Humpty Dance :-)

Now gather round
Im the new FOOL in town

I like my beats funky
Im spunky
I like my Oatmeal lumpy
Im sick wit dis.

I'll get stoopid
I'll use a word that dont mean nuttin'
Like 'looptid'

I told you that I like to bite..
Well, its also obvious that I like to Write


Ahhh Yeah. Perfect stuff to write to. :-)

How to do the Humpty Dance?

You got it down
When you appear to be in pain


Arent the best things in life often like that? :-)

Black People
Do the HumptyHump
White People
Do the HumptyHump
Puerto Ricans
Do the HumptyHump
SAMOANS!
Do the HumptyHump

LETS. GET. STUPID!
Do the HumptyHump


:-)
---------------

No comments: