Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Today's horrorscope:
Don't let financial worries limit your horizons today. You may think that you can't afford to go out and have fun, but you can if you use your imagination.
Don't fret about being a freeloader. You'll find a way to pay your share.

6:30 am
I intended to just get me an apple fritter and the Post and come back to brew my own (cheaper).. but somehow I ended up rolling by the beach, up the pricey Las Olas neighborhood and over the pink drawbridges of downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Where, joy of joys.. there was a Starbux.

I put the thought of the cost of a Starbux out of my mind, parked illegally and ran in...

"Something to eat?" asked the burly, heavily muscled barrista (barristo?).
"Nah.. Im parked illegally in front of the store."
"Well, thats a good reason not to get something to eat" he answered mildly.

The apple fritter from 7-11 (seemingly on every corner in South Florida) was all I needed.

"Ok, you can tell me.. Im spending four bux on a cup of coffee. What does Starbux put in it to make me wanna buy it."
There was a loooooooooooooooong pause, before he answered mildly..
"Love."

I was smiling as I rushed out to the car.

I was still smilling broadly as I deftly sipped, munched and shifted cruising by the beach, the golden sun rising above the sea-stiffened breeze, the hard bodies out and exercising.

People looked at me with the cup to lips, munching on fritter and singing along loudly to the growly Ja Rule bits in Mary J Blige's "Rainy Days" coming from Miami's urban teeny-bopper station.

All before 7am.

Im still smiling.
------
No, I didnt bring the camera.

I'll hold on to the memory.


No comments: