Saturday, May 07, 2005
He might be a NY sports fan, he still has a soft spot for the Cubbies.
JPennant: hey papi... dont forget
JPennant: this summer, chicago
lilbro: send me the cubs schedule. taking off july4th weekend
lilbro: wanna see the Wood
JPennant: dig deeep for the Cubs tickets
lilbro: yeh yeh, long as Wood pitchin
lilbro: like dat country boy
JPennant: there is a problem with that son
lilbro: he hurt
JPennant: you can only guess the rotation, who will be pitching when
lilbro: true u the baseball fan, u pick em
JPennant: we can just go to any game.. the cubs are pretty much sold out. so we just go
lilbro: i NEED good seats
lilbro: damn the nose bleeds
JPennant: and the sox, since they got the best record in baseball right now, are just as tight, so we can go catch them too.
lilbro: i know none of em
lilbro: fuck the sox
JPennant: A) I feel you on the seats
JPennant: B) Watch your %#&*% fuckin mouth
lilbro: darn the sox
JPennant: heheheh, there you go
Friday, May 06, 2005
Past money woes don't have to cause future strain. Clarify career goals. You'll have the rest of the month to gather up the courage to pursue them. You're on a quest. Tell everyone what and who you are looking for. Take creative initiative; sell that great idea to your boss, customers or backers! Stop thinking about lowering your sights due to ageism or any other reason.
Time to do a show.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
RE: Phillips Tivo PTV100 (CAVEAT EMPTOR!) - $100
Reply to: see below
Date: 2005-05-05, 2:50PM PDT
WHOEVER ANSWERS THIS AD BE CAREFUL. BUYER BEWARE.
After making arrangements to buy this after he posts the itiem for fifty bux, the doofus tells me that his roomie took apart the TiVo making it unusable.
And thought I believed him.
Now he's looking for 100 bux.
He claimed it was a christmas present. From his mother. I believe it is evidence.
Careful.. he looks like the type who'll give you a box full of bricks. After he stole the bricks.
Uhuru: after he steals the bricks-- funny
Uhuru: he dindt' get your $$$ did he?
JPennant: heck no
Uhuru: he only wasted your time?
Today's horrorscope sed:
A fool and his money are soon parted. Quell that sudden urge to spend on a new gadget or thingamajig.
JPennant: trippy, no? :-)
JPennant: I guess I should wait to get that TiVo.
I still want a TiVo.. but I can wait.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Rainy in Frisco
Its raining again outside.. I should go catch a few shots...
If I werent sitting here watching TV.
In fact, I need a TiVo...
JPennant: I need to get a TiVo, so Im not glued to watching the Judge shows and That 70's show
JPennant: otherwise Id be out shooting this very minute :-)
JPennant: heh.. and here we go
TIVO Phillips PTV100 - $50 (richmond / seacliff)
brand new never used or connected. All connections still sealed. Moving, don't watch TV.
gabz: now that's a steal
JPennant: yeah, but now I gotta say to myself "Can I justify this?"
gabz: i do a lot more because of tivo
JPennant: Im sending the email. Im gettin it. :-)
JPennant: boy, you know how to sell to a Virgo eh :-)
JPennant: efficiency :-)
gabz: gee, i was really twistin' your arm, there.
JPennant: eh, push my buttons the right way - Im a slut for anything.
JPennant: shh, dont tell nobody. :-)
gabz: our lil secret
JPennant: Oh my god, theyve got TiVo's that can do 700 hours?????
JPennant: thats some serious time-wastage capacity.. err, efficiency.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
A Suzuki Burgman
Jessie & 5th Street
One of those Soopah Scootahs. Power to get up the hills o SF, take to the highways occasionally, get the occasional speeding tickets.
What with gas prices, this makes more sense to have than a car, and there is no shame in having one in the Bay Area.
- Laundry detergent. (Ive been buying the cheapo off-brands. Im done wit dat.)
- Cashews. (My mom was addicted to them. Theyre a treat for me, but I like them old school, sweet & freshly roasted.)
- Vitamin water. (Expensive, but they make me feel good. The lemonade flavor in particular.)
- Pringles. (On sale at 79 cents. Why not?)
And my impulse buy? The National Enquirer.
Heh, I dont think Ive bought one in decades, but this one seemed like an Important Issue.
- Brad was SO lying to Jennifer. Brad & Angelina's secret life is exposed. Jen is PISSED.
- Oprah & Dr. Phil are NOT getting along. Theyre at WAR.
- Britney's husband taking drugs with hookers in Vegas.
Huh? HUH? Yeah, I know you would buy a copy too.
- Denise Richard dumped her marital mattress! Charlie Sheen is laser-removing the Denise tattoo on his wrist!
- Fran Drescher has been taking blow job lessons!
- Martha donated 25 grand on the downlow for a computer lab at the request of her friends in the slammer. (You KNOW thats gonna make the Times.)
- The teacher who had kids with the teenager is selling her story. (Gonna be news..)
- Kobe spends 50 grand to remarry his wife. (*makes "L for Loser" hand sign)
- The Sears Tower & the Golden Gate Bridge were definitely targeted by Osama bin Laden.
- Hef's orgy ritual at the mansion: Unprotected sex with 10 women at a time, weed, oral sex and then the girls cheer on as he pleasures himself. Oh, and apparently he's fascinated by inter-racial gay sex, which plays constantly on giant screens.
(I believe it.)
All in the current issue!
Yes, I know. The Enquirer is a rag. But, they seem to break stories that the regular rags pick up on later and run with gusto without mentioning where they got it.
And this stuff is important.
Is it a fast when all you eat are cashews, Pringles and drink vitamin water?
Better than a pizza.
Wow, all that and the Enquirer.
Whoo, Id better slow down on this self-destructive path Im on.
This is about the best damned sandwich Ive ever eaten.
(Larkin & Eddy)
So good, I went back for another.
And then another.
Monday, May 02, 2005
Down Larkin Street
The cool things about San Francisco's straight streets is where they go and where they end up.
Larkin Street starts downtown at the SF Public Library, goes through the notorious Tenderloin up to the tony Nob Hill area into the sweeping heights of Russian Hill, the abruptly turns into plunging steps (in SF steps are still streets) past the hummingbird infested weeds above the tiny Reservoir Park, across the street past Ghirardelli Square to the water.
Quite a ride, really.
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Been meaning to take pictures of this. I first saw the sign on my way to see my friend Mira sing at the Blue Room on Mason.
Only got around to it now.You are only gonna really see the sign if
- Youre on your way elsewhere and catch a glimpse, or
- Youre lost.
After all these years, I trust my instinct, even if it doesnt make any kinda sense at the time. It usually only makes sense during and after the fact.
I just know, I gotta go with it. So:
Ive been getting the nagging feeling I need to bone up on vietnamese culture and language.
Maybe Ive been hanging around the Tenderloin too much...
Ive got most of the camera gear I want for this phase, but Ive got a gear list thats Ive been putting off long enough.
- DVD burner (to back up my images. Im generating way over 2 gigs worth of raw image data a month. And growing exponentially.)
- large hard drives. (To handle the growing and anticipated demands for storage and backup).
- external drive cases. (firewire/usb for optical and hard drives)
- print server/router (I'll need to network the printers.)
*sigh* Time to pay the piper, although I have no intention of paying retail.
No self-respecting New Yorker would.
Hi ho, Craigslist & ebay.
Watching the 'Chasing Fawcett' TV show ( theyre showing all the episodes at once rght now).
You know, the wife of the "Six Million Dollar Man". Sorry, gotta remember, I grew up with her in the 70's, metaphorically. She was one of the Big Stars, and every newspaper I read back then, there she was.
I used to think she was this flaky, drug-addled actress...
Huh. She's actually pretty sweet.