Thursday, August 29, 2002

Missed the last train

Bagdad Cafe, Noe & Market. Castro District, 1 AM.

"Happy Birthday" said the girl in the glitter top.

I looked around.

"Who's birthday is it?" I asked the hungarian waiter who had a slovenian/yugoslavian accent.

"Ohh, over there.." he waved vaguely in the direction of the restrooms "the guy with the girl."

Geez. The neat, anal lookin dude? *sigh* A Virgo livin up to the stereotype.
Man, he looked like a prick.

"Vy do you ask? Iz it your birthday too?"

"yup."

"You are serious."

"yup."

later


"Ah. Zo. What are you doing for your birthday?"

"What Im doing now. Have a nice breakfast, just enjoy the day."

"Zo. You sit and contemplate the year gone by and think of the year ahead, eh."

"Nah. I just enjoy the day."

"Ah. Nice."

"Its my day." I smiled, not wanting to seem like a stereotypical Virgo.

Later, he came and put the check on the table.

"Happy birthday. The coffee iz on us."

"Why thank you. Thank you very much."

"Our pleasure."
--------
I was gonna wander SF while I waited for the morning train, take a few images.

"Ahh, I would not advise it."

"Why?"

"You know, so many homeless people about. People on drugs. You wouldnt want anything to happen to that camera."

"Hmm. You might be right."

"Look. You are better off indoors. You can stay here. We are 24 hours, 7 days."

Earlier in Oakland, George had been as concerned about me wandering the streets of San Fran.

"It is no problem. We get people, locked out of their cars, passing the time. It iz no problem."

"You think?"

"Pshaah. Not a problem at all."

"Ok. I will. Thank you."
---







The Bagdad Cafe.

Great food. Good service. 24/7.

I highly recommend it.

No comments: