Thursday, October 24, 2002

Feveris Apatheticus

McClint: so have you offered to whore yourself out for world series tix yet? hehehe
JPennant: Heh. Nah. Not a big deal to me.
McClint: but if the Bronx Bombers were playin there, would that have gotten ya jumpin?
JPennant: nope. Could care less. Not a Yankees or Mets fan.
McClint: the cubs?
JPennant: Now, If the chicagah white sox or cubs were playin.. oh yah.
McClint: hehehe


Apart from a few signs, newspaper headlines, Giants gear on head or torso and you avoided the Pac Bell park area.. you couldnt tell the home team is in the World Series.

Not to say they dont love their Giants here, but its a quiet kinda love relatively speakin.

Not like New York, where they print up bus tickets to with team logos or Chicago, where they put goofy lookin 7-foot caps on the Art Institute lions. Here? No buses are slathered from cab to caboose with team logos, no random yahoos yelling "WOOHOO! GO GIANTS!" out of random vehicles at random intervals...

Nope nope.

Maybe because like many SF residents, the team itself a transplant, the excitement isnt deep rooted. So, if there isnt a large life-long fan base, I guess there isnt enough momentum for Fever.

Eh.

Ive wasted enough brain cycles thinking about it.

Not my teams, could care less who wins or loses.
---
The place I wanted to work at before I even came here is hiring for the holiday season.

Im gonna go by Berkeley and scout the place out tomorrah.

I just want in, even if its from the ground level.

If I dont get in, the area that they cover will be a good secondary place to look.

I get quizzical looks when I tell people about it, as what they do seems far from my areas of proven expertise.

Not to me. Ive had a non-trivial bee in my bonnet about this company ever since I decided to head this way.

It'll become clear in time.

No comments: