Thursday, November 14, 2002

Hack the Mac

Lo, those many years ago I got a soft spot for Mac. Not because they were particularly friendly or almighty easy to use - but because its modular nature allowed da geeks to *cough* circumvent Many Many rules and restrictions.

A little creativity and you can get things running on a wing and a prayer.

Or in this case, a zip disk.

Going back to those days of hacking the mac - with the loan of Fred's zip drive, and a bit of trial and error, Ive got the laptop working.

Its booting off a zip disk, bypassing the dead hard drive.

I cant claim that it all works flawlessly, but it works. Ive got connectivity.

At a 100 megs worth of space (technically less than 96.4 megs), aint a whole hell of a lot I can do.. run a browser and my wireless card, eh - but I dont feel as shackled as I did this past week.

A feeling of independence.

--------
I want, I want, I want

Sometimes, its a whiff, or a glimpse, or a sound.. which will bring on a keen feeling of desire.

For me right now - its the want of a place in a place.

The sight of the funkiness of the Mission in SF, or rolling down Telegraph Avenue through Oakland to Berkeley...

It kinda speaks to me.

I want to be there now. Funds be damned.

But I know how it works - its not all on my timetable.

No comments: