Friday, January 16, 2004


Its never just about the money, honey

Today's horrorscope

Two schools of thought are at war inside your head today:

1) Identifying with material things is dangerous, since ownership will never truly make you happy; the satisfaction you desire can come only from within.

2) You need stuff. It's part of the way you express yourself. You live in the material world, so why fight it?

The fact you are having this struggle shows you've matured past the impulse-buying stage.

Afford yourself some credit.

Well, Im very focused on the flow of money my way, and identifying gear and resources I need.

In fact, Ive got folk offering to invest seed money.

Bless their hearts.

Naturally, Ive turned them down.

Therefore Ive been accused of having control and pride issues.

Heh, theyre absolutely right. But prolly not for the reasons they think.

It's just not what I need right now, thats all.

Long story short.. I have to take care of the hard stuff first, and not get distracted by the pursuit of instant gratification.

To be truthful, there is a stubborn part of me that wants the freedom of getting what I need on my own.

Yeah, I realize this seems like self-destructive and short-term thinking .. but its not. Ive learned this the hard way.

Naturally, people are slightly peeved at me for turning down all these things being offered. They want to see me achieve my dreams.

Thas aright. Im not about to eat shit forever.

It's all about boundaries, and yet about freedom.

And power.

No comments: