Wednesday, February 25, 2004


Hi. Im Joe, and Im 2 weeks gratefully recovering from my last cup of coffee.

Ive been to
several recovery meetings (This is California. Trust me, you will get to know many, many 12-step folk who will eventually insist on dragging you to a coupla meetings. And no, protestations of "I dont drink or toke or smoke" wont do you any good.) and Ive noticed that:

A) They serve copious amounts of STRONG coffee.

B) The participants invariably are heavy smokers.

What was my point? Oh yeah..

I was segueing to "replacing one addiction for another".

So, like, people have been all supportive of my decision to Quit Coffee, even tho theyre all a bit skeptical.

They try to be helpful tho..

"You can drink decaf."
"What's the point?"
I'll moan all dramatic.
"Well, you can still drink coffee without the caffiene. Yeah." they'll point out brightly.

*sigh* They try. :-)

Invariably the discussion will turn to tea.

Im ambivalent about tea, frankly.

Regular tea has much caffiene.

Green tea I used to drink lots of, till I found out it will jack you up just like coffee can. Withdrawl from Green Tea can be brutal.

Herbal tea is... cute.

Nah.

Do they do decaf espresso, Fred?

Yeah, I know. Whats the point?

No comments: