Thursday, March 18, 2004

Closure

Through the haze
, I heard the Physician's Assistant discussing my case with the supervising resident:

PA: (opening flap of skin) .. and there is still some residual in the tissue.. couldnt get all of the blood and pus...
SR: Indurated?
PA: Yeah, the people who saw it twice before didnt want to play with it .. they sent him home with antibiotics..
Me: (in my mind) I knew it..
------
Me: Can I see it now?
PA: Yeah.. but its a LOT of blood.. you can gently lift your head ..

I gingerly lifted my face from the swath of guaze and covers and sheets surrounded me, still warm but cooling blood dripping down my shoulders and saw what had been expelled.

Sometimes you forget how *dark* your blood can be, and there was bits of tissue in the red gauze. It was a lot more schtuff than I expected to be removed.

"COOOOOOOOOL!!" I breathed before I gingerly put my face back into the pillow and passed out.

No comments: