Sunday, October 31, 2004

Adjustments

A truism
about moving is that you need money to move.

Very true, but there is also a psychic cost to shifting locales.

i never realized how ingrained my habits have become over the years, and getting a place and then doing what I have to do.. its just not the same.

Not been online as much recently, so my communication duties have suffered.

Just went through a backlog of mail I needed to answer. Combine that with the pressing day to day things i need to do, and Im feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Man, youd think as you get older youd have shytte figured out, but no - its a constant self-improvement thang. Specially when youve gotta work through habits and tendencies and habits ingrained over the years.

So, Im on a self-improvement kick via Dr Dr phil and Tony Robbins..

Man.

Thought it woulda gotten easier by now.
-----
Im not mad exactly, but im wishing for some karmic bitchslap on someone.

From: "James W"
To: "'Joe Pennant'"
Subject: RE: table, lamp and chair
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:55:34 -0700

If something changes, give me a call on my cell, otherwise,
I'll
plan on meeting you outside the building at 2pm tomorrow.


1:50pm

I get to the apartment door and get to waiting for the guy giving away a table and a chair.

Soon, two men also pull up and start lovingly fondling/massaging each other.

Eh. I didnt take notice.

the guy opens his door.

"Hi, Im Joe"
"Oh, um. I thought you wouldve called. i gave them to someone else."

No, i didnt get outwardly angry. Except this @#*#&#@&@ had wasted my (*&#^@& day having me wait till sunday afternoon, when I live a half (@&#^@* block away.

What, he wanted to give his craigslist IKEA crap to someone gay rather than straight??

This has actually happened before.

0@*&#&@&.

Yeah, I was not happy.
--------
Again, my horroscope gloms onto the climate...


..you're in the mood for a change. Your appearance, job and environment could be targets of your improvement mission.

Damned skippy.

I need to make cjhanges before Im forced to.

As someone once told me years ago: Do for yourself before someone does unto you.

It becomes even more true as time goes on.




No comments: