Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My caffeine was spiked this morning.

It was
not fun.

I think the proprietor of the place I go to for breakfast put regular coffee into the brew and thought folk wouldnt notice.

My body noticed.

Do people think that us folk who drink decaffed coffee WANT to drink that crap???

By 10 am, I had plopped back into bed and went into a coma, waking up a few hours later drooling.

When im over-dosing on caffeine, my blood pressure shoots sky-high, i get light-headed, chest-pains appear and I was thinking I was about to have a heart attack... yeah, like that.

It was not fun stumbling around in the dark and driving rain of this morming trying to think of what I was gonna do if things got worse.

This is why I drink decaf. Sheesh.

Im gonna have to have a serious talk with that woman tomorrow morning.
--------
Speaking of stumbling around in the dark and driving rain.

The rain started falling hard about 2 or 3 am. That woke me up.

Thats when I noticed the power was out. In the entire neighborhood.

By the time i walked out of the building at 6:30am, the power had been restored .. but now there were massive trucks, in the dark and driving rain.... washing the streets with giant hoses.

I. kid. you. not.

Eh, ok.. but by 7am, the clouds were so dark that the only light were street lights.

Wow.

The rain tapered off and the sun came out in the late afternoon.

This is the interesting part..

Were the natives happy about this?

Standing in the rain, the wind whipping umbrellas to shreds, the buses not appearing on time to clear crowded stops.

No, they werent happy about that.

But in the nose to armpit crowd on the bus this morning, people were smiling. where new yorkers would be surly and bitching vigorously, people were humming. Talking to random folk - they were relaxed and warm.

And then out it came..

'Nothing like this San Francisco weather.'

These folk are nuts. :)

No comments: