Tuesday, October 26, 2004


Shaking like jello in the night

It was
the loud boom that brought me out of sound sleep at around 5am.

I groggily looked around for the source, and saw a container that i had placed precariously on a shelf was now on the floor.

Oh, i thought, and with a vague concern that the sound had disturbed a neighbor went back to sleep.

Getting out of bed, I saw a shopping bag full of cans I had placed on top of my fridge on the floor, and then i realized two things:

- That was the source of the boom that'd woken me, and
- It was too heavy to have spontaneously fallen off.

So, the logical deduction was that a tremor, shaking the building, causing the objects to the floor, had passed through while i was sleeping.

That made me ponder if A Big One had hit, would i have slept through that?

Oddly, the thought of that irritated me more than it concerned me.

Yeah, I came out west with a thought of experiencing a few earthquakes., Now, the tremors are becoming an ongoing irritant, for i dont want to be stressed thinking about the probabilities.

Sorta like being in New York worrying about it happening again...

No comments: