Monday, April 18, 2005

Ahhh. The gods were laughing WITH me.

Mebbe the
gods were just joking, and now are making up for ferking with me earlier...


Good things happened today.

I took the dead MetroPCS phone to their main store in my neighborhood, and the manager replaced the duff battery in it for free.
Wow.
Then it turned out the person needing the phone and wanting to exchange it for a laptop was still interested, as the other people offering a phone from Craigslist had not come through.
Cool.

A P4 laptop with all the connectors Im looking for.

Its kinda beatup and taped up and she said all it needs is an AC adapter, but definitely works. I hope so. I dont need *3* dead laptops.


Accident on ValenciaOk, I'll pick up an AC adaptor tomorrow. Lets see if the gods are still smiling.
--------
*crump* *screeeeech* *bam* *thump* *crump crump* *whump*


Now, that accident was pretty loud. The sirens arrived not minutes after. I took my time, put some fresh batteries in the camera and went outside to see what the damage was.

Wow. I came out to a pretty black truck with its front end smashed in front of my building by the intersection. A delivery truck halfway down the block on its side, resting on two crushed cars, with a swath of dented Ducatis lying on their sides.

The paramedics were out with stretchers, but it seemed the participants were all standing and lucid, if a little shaken.

Apparently the delivery truck ran the light and the pickup smashed into it, tipping it on two wheels where it smashed the motorcycles and coming to rest on top of the parked cars. One of the witnesses said it looked like a stunt in a movie.

The aftermath in pictures.....

No comments: