Thursday, July 07, 2005

One of the most torturous things to do in life

Bus Stand..is to book an airline flight online. It used to be easy: Bring up SABRE/Travelocity/Expedia, search, pick flight, book flight.

Things arent what they used to be. Now you have to play the Price Tango with the airlines who try to hide, trick and coerce you into spending more money than you want.

Then I found out that JetBlue, the airline I currently prefer to fly, is no longer cheaper than its competitors.
And every day, the prices kept going up as I delayed booking.

Frustrated & disgusted, I was about to call the whole thing off.

But, Im nothing if not stubborn - so I tried a different tack. Maybe book a flight elsewhere, then fly a cheaper flight from there.

Maybe spend a day or two in that town even.

The choice of city was a no brainer...

VEGAS!!!

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
Heeheehee.

But durn the luck, I eventually found a non-stop flight for cheap to the original destination.

Dangit.

But now I wanna go to Vegas. That could be a cool multi-city itinerary.

Hmm.. so lets see.. fly to LA, catch the Tut exhibition, go to vegas, fly back.

Hmm.

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Heeheehee.

No comments: