Monday, October 03, 2005

Comfort TV

"Im going to sleep all night, all morning, all evening, all night.."
"Well, there are a couple of things you'll have to do tomorrow.."
"Oh, I know. I shall be turning over a couple of times, yawning once or twice, getting up to empty my bladder now and then, as exercise is *essential*."
"Now, i know youre tired.."
"Ha! I can get nothing past you. Who did I marry? Nostradamus in a frock, that's who."


I go to school and work 7 days a week. Which means Im at either school or work 7 days a week, at each 5 days a week.

During the week, sleep deprivation hits me around Thursday and Friday..
Getting full and uninterrupted sleep wont happen until Saturday afternoon.

This saturday evening and night, Im STILL not getting any sleep, my eyes wide open. Nothing more frustrating than trying to get sleep and its not happening.

Back in New York, one of the things Id do on Saturday nights was to watch Brit TV programs with Ma and LilBro. Good times.
So, after being wide awake, I popped in the Chef! season 1 DVD.

Heh, I died laffin. And apparently, I relieved so much stress that i fell out till 7 o'clock Sunday morn. Wow.

Of course, it was then time to go to work...
---------
"YOU'RE A PEA-BRAINED, PRAT-FACED, TALENTLESS, PILLOCK-HEADED CRETIN!
WHAT ARE YOU?!!"
"I'm a pea-brained..."
"I don't want to shout at you."
"No, Chef."
"I WANT TO BATTER YOU WITH A HARD AND JAGGED KITCHEN IMPLEMENT!!! I'M ONLY RESTRAINED BY THE LUDICROUS LIBERAL PINKO LAWS WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!"
"Yes, Chef!"
"Anyone who makes runny mayonaisse .. SHOULD BE TORTURED SLOWLY IN FRONT OF A WARMLY APPLAUDING AUDIENCE!!!"
"Yes, Chef!"


Im ashamed to say, watching Chef! is a *whole* lot easier and enjoyable when I turn on the subtitles.. err.. closed captioning.

Im suposed to be able to understand all this shytte, being a Commonwealth citizen and all.

Its not just the dense british accents and idioms, its that the dialogue is so rapid fire and because the show is about french cooking, it also slips into French.

Frankly, I understand the show better when they slip into jamaican patois. :)

No comments: