Saturday, December 10, 2005

Walkabout Joe wakes up

DecorationsMcClint: yo
JPennant: yo papi
McClint: how goes it?
JPennant: I dunno. Im going through it
JPennant: Mentally speaking.
JPennant: And Im counting pennies before payday
JPennant: AOL took 50 bux unexpectedly from my bank account
McClint: DOH
McClint: you heard about richard pryor?
JPennant: yeah, i woke up and heard about him
McClint: woke up? working graveyard shift again?
JPennant: Still
McClint: ah
JPennant: I only work days on Sundays
JPennant: I really wouldnt mind being fired.
McClint: hehe
JPennant: The thought of getting back into IT tho... no
McClint: really?
JPennant: yeah. turns my stomach.
McClint: dont like getting your hands dirty with electrons floating around randomly?
JPennant: Dont wanna rewire my brain to troubleshoot
McClint: well what was your calling before computers grabbed ya?
JPennant: I liked to write and take pictures :-)
McClint: hmmm... .there isn't much call for that 'round these parts :-)
JPennant: Well, there is - but you cant just answer a classified :-)
McClint: you should write a book called "Urban camping: the guide to chosen homelessness"
McClint: :-)
JPennant: Been written
McClint: damn boy... you gotta be quicker then
McClint: hehehehe
JPennant: Very good book too
McClint: what's the name of it?
JPennant: hrm, Id have to look it up
JPennant: Surviving on the Streets: How to Go Down Without Going Out
McClint: on my way home I was unwinding and thinking about anything and everything non-computer related and I was thinking about when you were bopping around the bay area and the name "Urban camping" just sounded like a good fit
JPennant: You know whats ironic about that?
McClint: ?
JPennant: Before that I couldnt stand the thought of going camping
JPennant: Now, that is in my plans.
JPennant: Nothing like waking up under the stars, cold but breathing clean air.
JPennant: Ive been invited to go up to tribal lands in NorCal and chill.
JPennant: I just have no way of getting there :-)
McClint: you in a hippie commune? you gonna change your name to Sunbeam?
JPennant: Hahah. No.
JPennant: There are some hot springs up in Bear Lake thats on tribal lands, and I know some folk from there.
McClint: cool
JPennant: But really, camping is not a bad deal
JPennant: I was thinking of doing that in Hawaii, but I never found the time
McClint: well i gotta get outta here and head home. maybe tonite on my drive home I'll come up with some good hippie names for you
McClint: ttyl
JPennant: hehe laytah
------
Hippie name?

Heh. Walkabout Joe :)

No comments: