Monday, January 09, 2006

In the shot (Your grass is greener).

I generally like to stand off by myself when I take pictures, away from people. And generally, folk are courteous when they see me taking a shot, trying to avoid getting into the picture. Some dont care and walk right into it, and thats cool.

But then there are a percentage of folk who get my goat. These are the people who see me taking the shot, and PUT THEMSELVES IN THE WAY TO ENJOY THE VANTAGE POINT .. or even to get a picture themselves. And we arent talking just innocently, these people are AGGRESSIVE. My god.

When I encounter these folk, I simply give up on the shot and walk away elsewhere. The worst ones continue with the behavior.

Example: The couple in this photo. I wedge myself into a corner in the rear of on an empty cable car. Theyre on the other side of the conductor. These two see me and step into the shot. After a few frustrating minutes, I turnaround and shoot toward the front of the car. They then abandon the rearward shot and put the camera IN FRONT of me to get my vantage point. Finding it difficult, they move to the other side of the car to get what I was getting - going back to where they were before they stepped in front of me. Where they discovered that the view was excellent.

Jayzus..

No comments: