Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Baccarat crystal


Baccarat crystal, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

Baccarat crystal

Out of high school I worked in the fine foods and objects department at Marshall Fields in the Chicago Area where I got an education in high end foods and crystals.

While there, they had a Baccarat crystal figurine, a solid crystal glass figurine of a running greyhound done in Art Deco style. A true work of art and my fiirst experience with heavy crystal glass. It was 85 bux at the time. For nearly 20 years since, I kicked myself for not buying it.

Recently, I went to the Baccarat store in Union Square to inquire what it would cost to get that figurine.

A) It was no longer in production.
B) It was listed at $1500.

Ugh.

When I go to france, I'll be looking for it.

No comments: