Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The nuclear option


The nuclear option, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

Alhough I say this everytime, this is the sickest Ive been in a long time.

Coughing. Phlegm. Mucus. Sinus pressure. Snot. Spitting. Chills. Fever. Headaches.

There is a cold pandemic in San Francisco, and as someone said "This one is a monster", and that it is. Every time I think Im getting better, it gets worse.
And its been nearly two weeks.

Im one miserable puppy.

Normally, a healthy dose of garlic will ward off the sniffles, but this one shrugged of all doses like it was superman. The spiciest chili paste at India Palace only cleared my sinuses for a day.

I had no choice. Time for the ultimate.

Dinner @ the Stinking Rose.

The nuclear option.

So much garlic, it burned going down, and then I added more. I inhaled the pan of roastedd garlic, garnished with crushed pepper garlic and the 20 clove chicken dish.

So much grlic, that my clothes reeked of garlic.

Did it help? Well, normally it wipes out anything Ive got, but this time - it got a lot of crud outta me, and Im sleeping a little bettr.

I may need a second visit.

No comments: