Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sign at Ansel Adam's Mono Inn:

"When your friends finally realize that you are a true artist, committed to making sensitive and meaningful images, they will ask you to photograph their wedding."

Hee. Five Ive turned down just this year.

That's like the bread and butter of most pro photographers. Since Im fairly cynical about the longevity of marriage, I tend not to want to be at the scene of the crime.

The irony is that thte first "acclaim", for want of a better term, that i got for my photgraphy, were the photographs i took with my lil vivitar 110 att my best friends wedding back in 87. They marveled that the images were better than the guy they paid to take the images. At the time, I was pissed my friends wife's family took the negatives and ignored my request to return them. Eh, now I realize that the theft was flattery.

Still, that was the last wedding I attended and the one and only I will ever shoot.

I think.

No comments: