- - Most of Western Europe is one hour ahead of the British Isles or Greenwich Mean Time, with the exception of Portugal and Iceland which are on GMT.
- - China is all one monolithic time zone, as big as it is. Mongolia is also a part of that time zone.
- - Iran has its own time zone. So does India. Nepal does too, but is only 15 minutes ahead of India's. The other countries that are in time zones all their own are Burma and Afghanistan.
- - Sri Lanka and India are in different time zones.
- - Argentina is in the same time zone as most of Greenland in spite of being in different hemispheres.
- - On the island of Hispaniola, Haiti and the Dominican Republic are in two different time zones, for no apparent reason.
- - There is only a half an hour difference between Australia's Central Time Zone and it's other two time zones.
- - In spite of being in the same geographical area longtitudinally (or is it latitudinally?) as the Alaskan Time Zone (the sun rises at about the same time in Anchorage and Honolulu), the Hawaiian Islands are an hour behind all of Alaska . I have a feeling the military had a hand in that decision.
All this within a few minutes.
The last geography class taught to me was in the fifth grade, the rest being taught in history classes. Geography is optional in most US high schools. Thats a crying shame.
This really is how most Virgo's are. They constantly analyze. I didnt realize it was so ingrained until my early 20's, when a girlfriend sharply told me to STOP analyzing everything. It was only then did I realize this was my default behavior. In a relationship, it is probably unnerving to be with someone with sharp eyes who does this all the time. Yes, Ive been on the other end of that behavior.
Just dont ask for their honest opinion. :)