Sunday, January 07, 2001

Tish's favorite question:



"Watcha thinkin?"

Nothing much, I'd always say.

Right now...

- I need money. I have cash on hand, but with little firm prospects of it flowing in the next few weeks gives me more than a fair share of agita.

Thats when I scare myself and do silly, ill-considered chit cuz Im panicking.
....like looking for positions that I know I'll be working 12 heuers a day to get anything done, and have 'management' in the job description.
*Gurgh*
Death.

Ahh. Vault.com announced theyre letting go 30 percent of staff. The place I had intended on goin.
No wonder they never called me back in December when they said they would.
Oh well.

The support position in Jersey City is looking good.

Yar.

Selling my soul for benefits and pay will be a good thing.

- No word yet on the apartment being ready.

Im less concerned about that than I am feeling like Im overstaying my welcome where I am now.

The Voice tells me.. relax.. everything in its time.

I.. am.. not..relaxed.

Tish has this uncanny knack of de-stressing me by saying the right thing.

But.. right now she's not in the city to ask... "watcha thinking?"
-----------

I resuscitated two laptops for a client friday.

Cleaned some worms/virii off one that prevented it from booting, and another that wouldnt boot at all.

Wasnt hard. Was kinda fun, actually.

Partially because the client was in another city, and it was just me and his ...ummm.. cleaning man in the East Village loft.

No one around to bug me while I worked.

Part of whats made this kinda work less fun, is that folk are more savvy nowadays - but unfortunately, that means they think they can do what I do. And better.

I want to tell these arseholes... fine.. go ahead.. and leave me the hell alone.

Its even more irritating when it hits them that it isnt always as easy and troublefree as it looks, they come back trying to suck off my brain.

Thats partly why I dont wanna do tech anymore.

Its the dealing with people part.

Friday, it was fun again.
----------------------------
Ahh, a sisters love...

--- cyn wrote:
>
> joey!
>
> firstly, tish waited over an hour for your late ass?!

Umm.. yes, she did.

> that's pretty
> indicative of how much she cares
> for you.
>
Among other ways, yep.

--------------------
--- Linly wrote:


>
> i liked the pix of the storm,

I have few more I wanna put up

> although i bet it wasn't that much fun to be out in the middle of it.
>
Truth be told, it was fun.

A first snowstorm is always fun.

Its the after that first fall, it loses its charm. :-)


------------------------


One of my less endearing traits is the way I BUG people to get them to do something.

I am told Im loved in spite of this.

When I got my cell, I kept bugging Tish to call me.

She did call.. but only when she thought it was necessary.

It got to the point where I thought it meant she didnt care that much.

Only now, Im starting to see what the view is from her moccasins..

She got her cell, and thats about the only sure way of reaching her right now.

Now, its my turn. I can call, but I dont wanna --- primarily because I dont know when would be a good time.

I just dont like assuming anytime is a good time.
-------------
Random snow pix

She was just nonchalantly trying to read as she stood in Times Square, people swirling about her.


I found that funny.

Good thing I got her on the second attempt at a shot.





Speaking o' incongruous....




-----------

Ferry ride thru the storm...





















--- waterbelle wrote:

>
> It makes me feel cold, too, to tell the truth.

Good. Im glad it accurately represented the temperature. :-)




-----------------------

No comments: