Friday, June 22, 2001

Recently, I was bustin' cyn's chops over her girly Cali accent.

I pondered how it mustve been like when she lived in New York.

I said her accent sounded... "harmless".

I couldve heard the peals of laughter over on THIS coast.. I shoulda clarified. :-)

--I picked 'harmless' because I can well imagine that you would talk and some New Yorkers would stop for a second and just look at you.... :-)

And they would go in their minds "She for real??"

The Cali accent sounds so... happy go lucky.
--


What I DIDNT mention that as cute as it sounds to East Coaster's ears, to some it might sound ..umm.. 'precious'.

And that *cough* MIGHT irritate some of 'dem'. Nevermind their own distinctive Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx/Jersey accents.

Someone from the land of Tammy and Gidget and Buffy who was just itching to be reality checked...

I just kinda wondered if she ever felt in danger of being picked on...ohhhh.. on general principle.

But thats ok tho.. I related this story to her:

The Cappy was telling me a story about her high school days where a military brat from California, with a girly, sweet Cali accent - would get harrassed, until it got physical one day with a tuff Jersey Girl FAR bigger than her.

And then the Cali Girl took this Jersey Girl and kicked her ass. Soprano style. Brutal. Very brutal. Kicked in the head brutal. All the while telling her in that sweet Cali accent.. "I warned you not to be like that.."

Heehee.

I think cyn coulda defended herself. I have no doubt. :-)
--------
Who is Cheryl Kubo, in Torrance, Ca and why is she sending me her company's mail.

Does anyone know?

She doesnt answer my questions when I ask.
----------

No comments: