Wednesday, July 11, 2001

Question: So, whats with the sponsoring/paypal stuff and bannner ad, Joe?

A: Basically, with investors not coming through with promised funds for my liddle biz (boo!), the job market for techs being muy tight etc... PayPal's "Help a starving artist" program is coming in handy. People have been urging me to do this for the longest, but its only now..

As cyn said soothingly "Sure..It's not begging, honey.."

So, any amount is welcome, plus as soon as I think of an Itinerant in NY logo (and any kind artist wants to think of one), I'll have schtuff up on CafePress. Yeah, I know - their t-shirts and mousepads arent the greatest, but its only temporary.

The banner is for my pal Fredlet, who also doesnt wanna end up behind the bar at her local Starbux...

Q: Does this mean youre going commercial with yer blog, Joe? We hate that crapp...

A: LIES!! I WAS NEVER A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY!!!.... Oh wait...

Nah... cheap is good, but I still need to make a nut somehow.

Hey, the bus and subways in New York, inexpensive as they may be.. still adds up. And I cant be itinerant if I cant afford to ride.......

Commercial tho? Nah.. Im gonna see if I can put the NY Public Library's banner ad up there too.

Q:Socks. You can at least sell socks, man!

A: Yeah, I know! Im inspired by brother Spike Lee's efforts back in the day. (Loved that little mis en scene in "She's Gotta Have It"... Mars Blackmon: SOCKS. ONLY FIVE DOLLAHS!.

Heh, in my case .. it'll be t-shirts, mugs and boxer shorts..

Q: So, what.. no more pictures??? You not taking any more...

A: Every day. I just gotta find ways to upload them.. so catch as I can for now.

Soon tho.. soon.
------




No comments: