Monday, August 06, 2001

You can take the man from Australia, but you cant take the ozzie from the barbeque...

TimthePhotographer had a little bbq on his rooftop in his Brooklyn neighborhood and invited us to join him to enjoy a little of the summer.

The offer of food and good company got me out of Jersey for the first time in nearly a month.

I needed some social company.

For once I wasnt a total virgo, and said instead... "I'll be there".

Twas righteous.. rooftop.. music booming, easy chairs and copious amounts of Red Stripe and Heineken available with a hazy view of the skyline and sunset.

Heh.



I Know Some of The Beautiful People. :-)


No, she isnt THAT affected.
I had asked her to pose with the cigarette like that for me.. :-)


Herr Char-meister


Ahhh. G. Years of knowing her, and she's still not just the sexiest frenchwoman I know - but just about the sweetest.


No. He wasnt pissed. He's that intense.


My fault. I told G the sausage was just 'peppery', not hot.

Tim confirmed that was the hottest sausage he'd found.










We even had cous-cous ....






And Pres always has the HOTTEST women hangin' wit him. Damn man.. SHARE.


Duetsche attitude..




No, there was no tripping goin on.. everyone was getting along fine.




Photo by Tim Hawkings

Hanging out with a buncha photographers and artists was fun.
Even more amazing to me.. I wasnt The Tech Guy there.

Heh. Mebbe there is something to be said for this Starving Artist schtick ... :-)
---------
I hadnt been down to Tim's place since the last time we shared a cab to Brooklyn.

About a year now...

Man, the place has changed. Has gotten all chi chi.

Manhattan south and shit.

We were discussing about how when he first moved there 2 or 3 years ago, how overpriced we thought the place was, specially for the area.

Now, walking through past the young displaced Manhattanites and multitudes of sushi bars (although the dominican contingent are still there keeping it real in the 'hood.. I silently cheered at the old man on his stoop chowing down on tripe an' beans), its still Brooklyn... but the speculators have moved in and changed it.. upwards.

His building got sold and his rent was jacked double in a year.

And its considered cheap. Unfortunately, when he leaves (and he doesnt want to) - he will have to look outside the area.

(He aint too enthused about my suggestions of looking in Jersey or Staten Island. :-)

Heh. He even got a cat, so he wants to stick around....

No, Im not getting a cat anytime soon.
------




No comments: