Friday, December 28, 2001

Princess Moshi. Made me grin wide today.

Her xmoose (hadda swipe that one, fred :-) envelope came after xmoose (I think it was prolly being held up while being irradiated at the Jersey processing center), but when it came today...

She's da best. :-)

Umm. I want more of that hand-made soap hon. (I had the librarians smelling that light tea flower scent and they were going apeshit...)

I woulda been glad just for the soap, but then I felt something else in the envelope....

Oh man. :-) Sumthin' for my soul.

((((hugs))))

She's da best.
--------
From my apartment window, you can see the stars and planets on clear nights.

Unusual for the New York area, but its an accident of geography as Im looking past Staten Island and Brooklyn into the darkness of the Atlantic where there is no light pollution.

Anyway.. after 9-11, it was odd to not see any planes in the sky, where I used to be able to see the lights of 10 at a time. Apart from the occasional helicopter.

When they resumed, the airliners were flashing like Christmas ornaments - all lights on so the patrolling fighters could see them.. but passing by one at a time.

Occasionally, I would see, high up, the distinctive strobe of an F-16 flash as they made their turns and disappeared.

Now, it feels odd to see so many planes flashing around as theyve started allowing normal flight patterns.

Flying past the stars. A grand sight in its own way, I think.

They all slow down as they pass by Manhattan.
---
In the spirit of looking back and reviewing.. random old school pix:


July 2000. 23rd and 6th Avenue, Chelsea
Friday nights/Saturday morn in Manhattan, you see .. things.. .
This area of Chelsea is rife with clubs.
So after work one friday night, I was eating a calzone at this pizza joint. I had set the camera down onto the table, and this couple came in..
Hence the picture.



Canal Street and Broadway, Chinatown


B44 bus, Nostrand and Fulton, Brooklyn


Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
63rd and Broadway, Upper West Side

----------

No comments: