Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Waiting to Upload

*cue soundtrack of waiting musik*

Sweet Home Chicago

After 13 years.... Im home.

Not so much home as "I belong".

Im a Chicagah boy after all. Dagnabbit.

And as I wafted into town - Chicago cooled down from 100 degree temps to balmy (although slightly windy off the Lake) 60's and 70's.

Righteous.

I wandered into the Evanston YMCA looking for a room. They did me well, gave me Preferential Treatment (dont have any ID.. I HOPE its in the box to be shipped to Cali) and slipped me the hunnert dollar weekly rate.
Steam room and olympic-sized swiming pool included.

Better than I remembered.

I called people by wrong names. but they unnerstood.

"It HAS been nearly 13 years, after all." said william and John. (Not George)

Things have changed, buildings torn down, people moved on all that.

But the important things are still the same.

The memories fit.

Gotta find a connection to upload. Internet Cafe fees are sucking my Cali munny.

Still, righteous. Feels good to be home.

Chicago is gorgeous in the summer.

Did a lot of walking of my favorite scenic haunt from teenhood.. Evanston's lake parks and the Northwestern campuses...

Damn, those half-inch carp in the Northwestern lagoon grew to be MONSTERS. *stretches hands yaaaay wide*.

Monsters, I tell ya.

Monsters of the Midway, even. (a Da Bears joke.)

*exhale*

Yep. Home.



No comments: