Thursday, October 03, 2002

Da Krispy Torch

My favorite aquarian wordsmith, angeline, the witty soul who coined the term "Itinerant in NY" about me - is a tad, ohh - worked up. And afraid..
I'll probably get flamed out the ASS for this, and it sounds really petty, but it really angered a lot of people here.


Uh-huh. FLAME ON *snick snick snick*

Why? Let her tell you
After the big September 11th, when one of New York City's FIVE Krispy Kreme shops closed or was flattened, I don't remember which, San Antonio was one of the store openings put on the back burner so the NYC store could be rebuilt.

And while I really felt bad about everything about September 11th, I was still upset that a city with five shops was going to get one rebuilt while we had to wait another YEAR to get our FIRST. It really was irksome.

*snick snick snick* Why wont this damned lighter fire up??
For right next to the combination bowling alley/ice skating rink (oh...don't ask...I have never known what motivates Texans to combine the most unlikely things) was a brand spanking new Krispy Kreme, with the aforementioned hellacious traffic jam and crowd of slavering doughnut lovers.

It was actually a humbling experience.


Actually, I do remember the WTC Krispy Kreme. It was out by the courtyard, in building 5. Kinda grimy, with the help looking perpetually tired from the morning and lunch rush.
We went by the Krispy Kreme shop and, I shit you not, there was a goddamn TRAFFIC JAM on the interstate off ramp because of it. We are talking three lane pileup. The parking lot was full of cars. There was a crowd of people 20 deep surrounding the place.

The traffic jam stretched back for a quarter mile down the interstate and halfway up the exit ramp.

Needless to say, we did not stop for doughnuts, though we really, truly, wanted them. We love Krispy Kreme. And JD has never had them hot, only in those gas station kiosks. I know, having been a small child growing up on the east coast, I know the joys of a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme.

They were once the best kept doughnut secret in the nation, then fucking Sting had to go discover them and spread them out to other famous people and now EVERYONE knows what the hell Krispy Kreme is and wants it. Fucking Sting! Now I have another reason to hate him.


I dont get Krispy Kreme meself. Too much sugar and iffy donuts. I got my fill in Jacksonville.

In fact, here in San Francisco - in the Ocean Park neighbrhood, at the All Star Donuts Ive had madd sublime donuts. Awesome.

BETTER than Krispy Kreme. I grab a couple every time Im in the neighborhood.

Personally, I think its a female thing/response dealie. Sorta like chocolate....

For as Angeline's boyfriend said:
"...People are fucking NUTS."

Yeah.

Yeah. Nuckin Futz.

*snick snick snick*


No comments: