Wednesday, October 30, 2002

The Sun in Brooklyn

I had long promised Sun some cuban food, and cuz she had never really wandered Brooklyn before, we kinda did all of the above on my NY layover.

It was kinda hot.

Eh, we're Island folk. We're used to the sweltering heat.

We decided to meet up at the world-famous Junior's on Flatbush Avenue in downtown Brooklyn, right off the Manhattan Bridge.



Theyre famous for their cheesecakes. So, while waiting for her I snapped a few visuals.







Junior's. Feh, the place and its fare is kinda over-rated and over-priced. So we had coffee and then headed out straight for lunch at the cuban place, wandering a bit through downtown brooklyn to the trains.







Heh. Dude thought it was about him. I ignored him.



Then for some reason I cant remember now, we wandered by Grand Army Plaza and Brooklyn's Farmers Market.



Heh.. a delivery scooter made entirely of duct tape.







Oh yeah.. on Flatbush Avenue, there are several Cuban places, and right across the street from each other.. there are two Castillo de Jagua restaurants.





Im not sure why either.

However, theyre both good - but we went to my personal favorite. El GRAN Castillo de Jagua.





We were both kinda psyched over the coming food.



It took awhile so we idly took pix of the scenery.





Then it came, man o' man.



It was a LOT of food.



And although Taurus folk (her) and Moon in Taurus folk (me) LOVE our food.. whoof.
We couldnt finish that meal. At all.



In addition to the Jamaican bread I forced on her, we ate good from the doggie bags when we got home.



Then (because I really wanted to before I left NY), I suggested a ferry ride. Being game, and because she had never ridden the Staten Island Ferry before.. we did the New York Bay.















She said she liked it.



A good day of walkabout was had.



Sweltering day or not, it was a nice way to end my NY layover.

If she can be lured from her comfy lairs.. Sun is very excellent company.. :-)

No comments: