Monday, January 27, 2003

It takes a toll

Crossing the Bay isnt cheap. The buses, tolls, trains all exact a price that adds up to beyond what a skint wallet can bear. Therefore, I havent been over to the SF side of the Bay but for infrequent occasions.

Still, I would like to go over to the City (still feels weird calling it that), more often.

That has produced mixed blessings. Not regularly traversing the bay has kept me away from diverse views and experiences, but in its stead - Ive been able to see more of this, the eastern side of the bay in more detail than I expected.

Still tho.

One of the recent occasions was to go hang with Kate when she came into town..





















































The A.C.T local theatre conservatory, like Chicago's Steppenwolf, where most of the local talent who made it big went to showcase their talent.

Like Winona, f'rinstance...



Another legendary haunt of poets, writers and other ne'er do wells...













Hawai'i.. the erstwhile vacation destination of the Bay area.

---------
In addition to the medical reasons, I love me some good garlic.

I cook it with everything now.

And when I came across The Stinking Rose restaurant, I vowed to check it out someday.

So, thats what Kate and I and our invited companion did.















Heh, by the time we walked out, we couldnt smell the garlic on us - but we were given a wide path heading home. Heheheh.

Man. Everything was good, although I prefer my garlic baked and not always swimming in olive oil.



Highly recommended. *urp*

No comments: