Monday, March 10, 2003

Addicted to The Game of Life

Even tho I havent played Chess seriously in over a decade, the thrill of combat never fades.
Im still addicted to it.

.
But.

Frankly, my game sucks now.
My Old Person's Brain(tm) cant keep up with the mental demands of being able to think 10 moves ahead , so I dont even try.

I gotta tell you, the Berkeley folk can PLAY.. no shit. Sneaky mofo's too. You'll be coasting along and all of a sudden theyve got Piece Advantage over yo ass, threatening to leave you with That Look On Your Face(tm).

But, I havent lost any games as yet, save the first one I played.

Why?

Apparently, being older isnt such a disadvantage.

I dont have to think 10 moves ahead anymore. Eh, 2 moves ahead can do just fine, if I dont freak out when things dont go my way.

Cool. Thats the advantage of being a little bit older and deeper in debt.

Oh, and the fact that - I. Dont. Like. To. Lose.

Heehee. I take secret pleasure in watching the facades of Cali passive-aggressives crack as they get increasingly pissed when they keep losing games theyve calculated they shouldve won.

You know, they get terse and short with ya.. instead of being so so so reasonable. Hee hee.

I especially love it when they react with shock as I go walkabout with my King, ostensibly the most vulnerable piece on the board, and BEAT them senseless with it.

Well, shit - do I LOOK like a walking p****? Im not about to roll over even when Im down.

So what if my game sucks... I. Hate. To. Lose.

Yup, the game of life.
-------
Zen-like cliche's learned from The Game Closest to Life

- Play the player, not the board.

- Its about Time and Distance.

- Force hard choices, choose, then make the best of the consequences..

- Its not always about how many pieces you have, you can still win or lose.

- Be prepared to lose, but expect to win.


Zen. A universe of enlightenment in one small statement.

Heh. Comes in handy playing the game of life, or playing Total Annihilation. *kekekeke*

Books could be written on each of those.
----------------

No comments: