Sunday, April 20, 2003

Berkeley buss

How much do I love thee, mars?

This much..



..plus tax. :-)

So, for you m'dear.. scenes of yer beloved Berkeley.

Oh, before I do that, I finally wandered into a 99 Ranch Market just to see...

















Damn, those clams were well hung...







Actually, I grew up with this stuff in jamaica...

Juice em, remove the seeds, strain the pulp, add water, condensed milk and sugar and you have what we call soursop juice







Eh, all I had the time and money for was some chicken (cheapest Ive found in the bay area, same as in most parts of the country), soy milk and, of course, mochi ice cream balls.

No mango tho, dammit - although Im growing to really like the green tea flavor.




Hokay, random Berkeley










Ahh yes, the Berkeley Bowl, yer friendly neighborhood hippie co-op (not to be confused with the chi-chi and high priced Whole Earth foods).

Heh. I used to think the name Berkeley Bowl came from a hippie, organic "bowl of mother earths fruits" or summat.

Heh, no. It used to be a bowling alley.

Funky.






So, where was I .. yeah, Berkeley..

















"Aura Photo $20"

I dont know if thats a reasonable price to 'capture one's aura'.


























The Coffee Maiden :-)








I actually do know this guy.

In the Berkeley parade of misfits, he's actually pretty normal.

Whatever that means.
















Yup, Berkeley. Weird and beautiful.

No comments: