Tuesday, May 06, 2003


Mush


An intellectual, beautiful, sexual
Hands on her hips
and when she flips, she's incredible

- Black Coffee, Heavy D & the Boyz



Normally, I try not to declare victory in the hunt for the Righteous Chica. Otherwise Im just ASKING for it to turn out to be Another Painful Lesson in Illusions and Delusions.

What seems real usually turns out to be a pit stop or drive thru window on the way to somebody or nobody else.

Or youre distracted by flashy fools as the real one walks away.

Or settle for someone often minimally qualified for the Love Wanted job requirements.

I used to think Ive seen it all, and now I know.. I know nothing.

Your Dream One checklist is often crumpled up in favor of a lower standard pass-fail quiz.

Desperation, despair and delusions often feel like the real thing.

So, maybe Im risking certain disaster by declaring this...

*whisper* yay.

Im. (*whoo* let me not get burned by this) In love. No, youve never heard me say this about anyone in my life. Nor say it with certainty.

Yes, its early yet and we're not totally sure yet about each other. There is Serious Stuff to overcome. It looks to be a haul. She may be on her way somewhere else.

Who knows.

And yet...

She breezes through the bullshit detector with ease. She decorated my long-discarded Dream Girl checklist like she STOLE the answers.
She adroitly handled the no-win logic bombs I lobbed at her.
She's made of stern stuff. And she is tender.
She lets me be mushy with her. She is mushy with me.
She catches my silly shit and stands her ground. We fight. And the make-ups are fun. And there are always make-ups.
She is no pretender. No player. No fool.
Best of all, she tapped me on the shoulder.. and let me in.
She considers me worthy.

*jaw drop*


I am one very very lucky sonofabitch.

No, I dont wanna jinx it all by blabbing it to the world.

I just wanna say this:

I want to be the one holding her arm as she walks in those impossibly high heels and boots that she loves.

I want to be the one to kiss her in the morning, bedhead, bedbreath, morning snot and all.

Accomodate her inner hug 'n love monster.

Looking at her and nodding as she bitches me out, mentally preparing what steps I need to take to pull her into the closet for some... one on one negotiation.

Write her coded messages that only she will get. Cause she does.

To know that anyone better than her will HAVE to have serious dough to be even considered.

To know that she laughs at my corny jokes, only because she actually finds 'em funny.

To be able to earn the right to say "Thats my girl", and know Im not deluding myself.

To be always amazed that she knows what Im thinking and feeling thousands of miles away. (How does she DO that???)

To know that she means it when she says "I love you too."

And to make sure she never, ever has to eat her words.


She's everything that a man dreams about
And when I'm wit my crew, she's all I talk about (Hey!)




No comments: