Sunday, September 14, 2003

Ex prepare

Ive added the LA Times to my daily read list.

I still get "WHY in god's name do you wanna go to LA???" I dont know, although I think I do.

Right now, Im reading Openly Bob, by the gay comic Bob Smith. This book has me doubled over in laughter every few pages.
"I was late for my audition..

Since moving to Los Angeles I hadnt mastered the ability to determine the amount of time it takes to do an errand.
In New York, most of the threats to my punctuality were easily visible or well-publicized beforehand: dogshit on sidewalks, bad weather, parades, Christmas shoppers, bomb threats.

In Los Angeles, the obstacles to promptness are usually caused by the unforseeable disasters: car accidents, mud slides, earthquakes, jury verdicts, cult suicides, the premiere of a big-budget movie where the biggest special effect is inadvertent -- the audience hated it."


Hoohoo. I also like his take on Mother Nature..
" I find it comforting to think of Mother Nature as a Native New Yorker. The source of all our environmental problems is that people mistakenly think of Mother Nature as a sweet mom instead of who she really is: a tough broad.
Picture her with a cigarette dangling from her lips as she threatens, "What the fuck is your problem? You put a hole in my ozone layer, I'll put a hole in your face. And if you you cut down my rain forests, you'll live to regret it. AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR?"


Heheh.



No comments: