Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Feelings

Now
, LilBro is offering either:

- World Series Cubs and Yankees at Yankee Stadium (I never ask how he does these things)
or
- a laptop

(Aint NO way would we be able to get in a game at Wrigley, sheeyit.)

Im leaning toward the laptop. It'd be cheaper.

but more mercenary.

> I GUESS IT WOULD BE EITHER OF 2. COME SEE THE CUBS IN THE
> WORLD SERIES, CAUSE U KNOW THE WORLD IS GONNA END
> RIGHT AFTER ANYWAY


Heheh. Thats IF the Cubs make it.

--------
Sitting in front of the coffeeshop, late last night, in sequence

Talking to a Capricorn

"So, whadya think now youve met her?"
"Umm.. ahh, now that Ive seen her - hold on to her, man."
"What??? YOU were the one who told me I should let her be and concentrate on what I need to do!! Thats sensible advice!!"
"Uh, yeah. Well. Now that Ive met her, Ive changed my mind. Hold on to her."
"Why?"
"Just dont let her go."

-----
Talking to a Virgo

"So, Im torn. Im doing the virgo thing, you know.. being emotionally detached to keep myself from being hurt..."
"Yep, its sometimes a good thing to be."
"But earlier, she came by and said I seemed distant. I lied and said no no no no, I was just thinking. "
"Uh-huh."
"OF COURSE I was being distant! Im trying to protect myself."
"And sometimes, you can have something slip away by being that way.."
"Yeah."

--------
Talking about movies

"Oh, and Trainspotting. I liked that too, although it was full of drugs. I can deal with the drugs, but after awhile - the cocaine and the needles and the dying gets old."

I dont think I phrased it the exactly the way she said it, but I laughed out loud.

I dont know why, her humor just tickles me.

I dont think or analyze or fake it or go 'hrmm'.. I just laugh.

I think I laughed out loud when I first met her and she told me I'd warmed up her seat just the way she liked it...
--------
I saw an editorial cartoon this morning, where in a department store, the Devil is looking at sale prices on snowblowers as the caption reads..
"Just in case the Cubs and the Red Sox get to the World Series"


Heheh.

Here's hoping hell has at least a snowstorm...




No comments: