Thursday, November 06, 2003

I, Believe.

As someone pointed out to me, one of the cool thing about being in Berkeley, is that no matter who youre talking to here, from ditchdigger to governer, from housewife to homeless, you'll get good conversation.

So, as is my wont when I speak to the Sudanese security guard, I get good conversations on religion, spirituality and literature.

The subject was Faith last night.

What is faith?

Faith is belief.

No, faith is no mystery - but there are several components and steps to having faith.

Faith is.. trust.

Trust in what is.

Once one has trust, one can get to acceptance.

Acceptance is neccesary for belief.

Acceptance allows you to get to love.

Trust, acceptance, love, faith.

However, for one to believe - one has to trust and accept.

It is not mysterious, it is HARD.

Acceptance requires one to embrace and open themselves up to joy.. and suffering.

Thats scary.

Love requires acceptance.

Love allows faith to be transcendental.

Which is the point of having faith.
---------
It is hard for me to love.

It is hard for me to accept what is , as it is hard for me to trust.

I have good reason.

No one can tell me different.

However, I am now finding, if I want to get to where Im going.. Id better damn well get past myself and open myself up to love. To trust. Even to accept.

I'd better believe.

Otherwise, Im screwed.

No comments: