Monday, December 15, 2003


Just finished reading BOBO's in Paradise.

Funny how books I need to read fall into my hands when Im ready to receive the message.

Cuz I'm in Berkeley, California. You know, Volvo central.

Oh.. BOBO = Bourgeois Bohemians.

I know 'em intimately.

The overly educated folk who mix conservative Bourgeois values with the flexible Bohemian viewpoint.

Think Latte town, distressed furniture and Range Rovers with Save the ________ bumper stickers and you've got the idea.

Or people who drop 10, 20, 60 large to get back to nature on the farthest ends of the earth. For meaning.

At least here, they usually mean well.

Good book.









































As the natives say:

"This..... is Berkeley".

Kinda grows on you.

I should make a bumper sticker.





No comments: