Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Berkeley Bound and Stuck

Came across an SFscribble post just now:
Friday, October 27, 2000

Today started out lousy, then got beautiful.. so I headed to Berkeley, partly on Helen's recommendation.

Well, I actually always wanted to see Berkeley anyways, famous as the birthplace of most social trends of the last half-century.

Ive always been curious.

JT: "Have you never been to a college town?"
.
Me: "Many. Grew up in one. This is unlike most of them."

Berkeley is technically a suburb of Oakland - although the residents would vigorously deny that, I think.

It sure is different.

Long story short - if I decided to move to the Bay Area, I would readily live THERE.

I can see what attracted free thinkers, the government and People with Money to the area.

I can see why Berkeley is the way it is.

I can see myself living here or nearby.

Not SF, not in the blooming suburbs.. but there.

I liked the vibe.

I was mightily prescient back then, even though I had no intention of moving.. I did know I was coming this way.

Although back then I thought there would be someone with me.

She had other expectations.

Eh.

I wonder what drew me here?

Oh yeah.

The color blue and my dreams.
-------
The truth, tho?

I see profit here.

Specially now.

Along with growth and a smattering of do-good.

What I didnt anticipate was...

Here, you EARN it.

No comments: