Monday, March 08, 2004

Starving artist schtick
"... Obstacles make you creative."
- Ho Chi Minh

Shit, I must be a one helluva artist then...
---------
A minor freakout, Im having.

I have some of my images on a hard drive. Make that two.

Theyre dead, dead, dead.

Images from most of 2000 and 2003. Gone.

Gah.

Recovery wont be quick or easy, particularly when I dont have a place or the equipment to retrieve the images.

My images from 2001. On a dead laptop in Florida. Gah.

Wait, I realize.. I visited the EasyEverything Internet Cafe in Times Square alla tha time in 2001, right?

Right.

Didnt I upload most of my images off the cameras to my server?

Yes.

Yes!

And I didnt delete them, either.

Whoo.

*(after further checking, theyre all after Sept. 2001. Ah well. Better this than nothing.)

Man, this starving artist biz is stressful.
---------

Preparing for the show.

Printer..

Got the printer off craigslist. Cheep.

Get laptop working.

The laptop parts arent working, natch. BUT a bus driver offered to lend me one of her laptops for a few days for me to process the images...

I'll take the help wherever I can get it.

Paper. Expensive..

Wait, Craigslist. Of COURSE there'd be someone selling Epson paper. Kewl.

*breathe*

Ok, ok.. now..

Let me worry about the mounting and matting and framing later.
----------
Today's horrorscope
It may at times appear as if too many things are going wrong in the world, but if you think about it, you will realize that in the greater scheme of things, none of these things matter.

There is a plan and a design to your existence and if you look for it today, you will catch a tantalizing glimpse of the bigger picture.

Yeah, I do know this, although it takes a great deal of .. acceptance... to appreciate this.

I am where I am supposed to be, and Im doing what Im supposed to do.. is my mantra.

Even tho Id much rather be at the helm of a VW GTI breaking many, many speed laws on some backroad right now. :-)


No comments: