Saturday, June 12, 2004

While we are on the subject of difficulty with words..

I might have
been a hi-falutin english major, but to this day there are some words that my mind simply cannot process properly, causing me to consistently mispronounce them.

F'rinstance, the word "Niagara" has given me fits since childhood. Unless I focus and break it down, my tongue always wants to say "Nyah-guy-ah".

The other is "epitome". "Epi-TOME" is what I almost always say, and until a chica corrected me in public (gah), I would say that unconsciously, instead of "Eh-pit-o-me". Oy.

I also stumble over "prioritize", specially when Im tired.

There are others, but Im having trouble pronouncing them.
---------
Another thing I have trouble with is making to-do lists.

Primarily because I simply dislike writing things down.

But I need to, to clear my head right now and pr-ori-tize my plans and intentions.

Soon.
--------
West Coast slang terms Im learning

Uhmm. Hmm.

Cant remember, must write these things down...


No comments: