Monday, November 15, 2004

Early edition

JPennant: one thing ive come to like about the west coast ;-)
JPennant: football comes on at a reasonable hour
Glinessa: lol


Its a cool thing to wake up on a weekend, and football is on at 9am.

And monday night football is on at 6pm.

Sweeet.

Not like the ol' days... Id have to wait til 1pm for the Chicago Bears games, unless they were on the west coast, and noon in New York

Its also kinda nice to wake up and the financial markets are already open, even tho I dont really pay attention since i dont work on Wall Street anymore.

And I dont have any money. ;)

When I first came out here, id keep my laptop time on East Coast time, better to synchronize with my peeps.

now, eh. Im on when Im on.

So, yeah - football at nine.

Although the drawback is that one of my favorite programs, CBS Sunday Morning is on at *#^^&@ 6am.

What kinda devil worship is that??
-----------
Another cool thing is that Im able to read the next day's NY papers online before I go to sleep.

As well as my favorite web comic.

Again, pretty cool.

The drawback to that tho is that waking up in the morn, a lot of its old news, as the media outlets are drawing their news from the east coast. The only real news seem to be the news from this time zone.

Funny thing Ive noticed in that mein.. there is not a whole lot of diversity in the news.

This is not to say that this isnt a great newspaper town, with the dominant SF chronicle, the free SF Examiner, the San Jose Mercury news, the Oakland Tribune and the Contra Costa Times, supplemented by the excellent edgy and opinionated free weekly papers, the East Bay Express, SF Weekly and Guardian.

This wealth may seem to make my assertion about news diversity ridiculous.. but its not New York.

I can get the NY Times and WSJ out here, but there is no real tabloid like the NY Post and Daily News out here, their content not totally diluted by AP wire services.

I do miss that.

Man, if they printed the national edition of the Post out here.. I think Id be happy. :)



No comments: