Saturday, November 27, 2004

Moniker, tag, label, signpost


misterB: ok, here's a dumb question...
misterB: how much longer are you going to keep the "Itinerant outta NY" title on the site?
JPennant: eh, havent thought about it

There is a reason Ive kept it.

Remember those signs where you can tell how far you are from any piont in the world? A point from where you can orient yourself.


Even tho was born in jamaica, grew into adulthood in Chicago, lived in Florida .. it is from new york where I orient myself.

New york is where my nascent dreams and passions turned into desire, stoking and crystallizing the direction of how i wanted to live my life.

New York is where this is coming out of.

Im not simply an Itinerant. I am Interant Outta New York. :)

Plus, i like the phrase.
---------
New York makes you driven.

It makes you want to achieve, to use yourself to the best of your capacity.

I dont think I really tapped into my ambitious side until I got there.

Julia Child once said being in Paris was an awakening for her. Many places have that effect on people. San Francisco is such a place. New York, to an extreme extent, is another.

I worked hard in New York. But eventually, I realized I wanted more. Much more.

And what i wanted, for now .. wasnt in New York.

Thats why I went outta New York.

No comments: